- work experience
- Personal profile
Valarie is a highly experienced lawyer in dispute resolution. She has been providing legal services and advice to financial institutions, listed companies, multinational corporations, liquidators, trustees-in-bankruptcy, receivers and high net worth individuals for many years. Valarie specializes in handling:
- litigation and arbitration (including but not limited to commercial and contractual disputes, shareholders disputes, banking-related disputes and probate disputes);
- regulatory investigations by the Securities and Futures Commission, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and the Independent Commission against Corruption, involving market misconduct in the securities market, anti-money laundering and anti-bribery;
- insolvency, bankruptcy and receivership; and
- employment and restraint of trade.
Prior to joining Yang Chan & Jamison LLP, Valarie was Of Counsel at an international law firm ranked top ten in the world, before serving as Senior Counsel in the Litigation Unit of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Admitted as Solicitor of the Hong Kong High Court
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), The University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Government and Laws), The University of Hong Kong