- work experience
- Personal profile
Ven has over 25 years of experience in a broad range of corporate and securities matters, including private and public M&A transactions, Hong Kong IPOs, dual listings, secondary offerings, debt offerings and corporate restructuring. He is recognized as one of the leading lawyers for capital markets deals due to his involvement in many of the early overseas share offerings by major PRC state enterprises. He also regularly advises Hong Kong-listed companies on technical compliance issues with the Hong Kong regulatory authorities.
Prior to joining Chan & Jamison LLP, Ven headed the Hong Kong office of a major U. S. law firm and had developed the office beyond corporate to include fund formation, disputes & litigation, technology/IT and digital related practices.
Ven is admitted to practice law in England & Wales (1993), Hong Kong (1994) and New York (1997). He graduated from University of Hull, England with a LLB (Hons) degree; and King's College, London with a LLM in International Law.
He is also currently serving as Vice Chair on the Board of Governors of Chinese International School, Hong Kong.
- Admitted as Solicitor of the Hong Kong High Court
- Admitted as Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Admitted as Attorney of the Supreme Court of New York State, USA
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Hull, United Kingdom
- Master of Laws in International Law, King's College London, United Kingdom